This is the lab wiki. For more info about our team, research, blog and publications see anneurai.net.
This wiki and lab manual is inspired by similar documents from Mariam Aly, Trina MacMahon, Bray Voytek and Michael Beyer. It’s a continuous work in progress.
Interested in joining?
If you’re interested in doing a project with us, great! Check out the following before you begin:
Once you’ve gone through those and have tried the exercises, let me know how things went (and where/if you got stuck) and what research questions you’d like to pursue.
When joining the lab, here are a few things to do in your first week:
- Get added to the CoCoSys lab MS teams group (ask Anne)
- Get added to the Cognitive Psychology, Open Science Community Leiden and Psychology Living Room MS teams groups.
- See here for more practical things in the department
- Computing setup
- Get organized: my setup is Zotero for papers, Obsidian for notes/planning, Teams/Slack for quick communication.
- Read, and then contribute to this wiki.
Choosing a scientific project
Read Alon (2009) and consider taking 3 months to scope the project, before starting!
Have a question?
Adapted from Jonathan Peelle
Also, check out this excellent advice on how to send effective emails.